Wednesday, December 16, 2009

mandarin duck


the first time i saw a mandarin duck was on a duck species book my reaction was "is that for real?". it really looked like a cartoon and since then it was my favorite species of duck. it comes in different colors too. when i saw the announcement of an art gallery looking for visual artists to participate in a 12x12 canvas art show. i decided that this was my opportunity to oil paint my favorite duck.

Photobucket

the adult male is a striking and unmistakable it has a red bill, large white crescent above the eye and reddish face and "whiskers". the breast is purple with two vertical white bars, and the flanks ruddy, with two orange "sails" at the back. meanwhile, the female is similar to female wood duck, with a white eye-ring and stripe running back from the eye, but is paler below, has a small white flank stripe, and a pale tip to its bill.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I'm very sorry for this but up till now I can't believe what I've just saw.. This is truly amazing. Unremarkably good. Just keep up with the good work and be patient till your time come and you'll see in no time you'll get all the credit for all you've done.. Goodluck on your career!!

    ReplyDelete